Tuesday 4 November 2014

RON : ELECTION DAY IN THE USA – SO WHAT!

.
.
I realize that elections take place on different days in different parts of the world. In the US, the national elections usually take place on the first Tuesday in November. Like most people, I am inundated with mail and phone messages designed to get out the vote. I used to think that was important – voting that is. 

However, the last time I voted was November 2008. I voted for the only person on the ballot I believed had any integrity: Cynthia McKinney, a black congresswoman from Georgia. She ran on the Green Party ticket. 

I had several friends locally who also voted for her; yet the newspaper declared she got zero votes in our county. If you remember, George W. Bush was “selected” to occupy the White House twice (2000 and 2004) without winning either election. 

I am convinced that corporate controlled elections are virtually meaningless because the outcome is predetermined regardless of what the people want.
.



.
Totally agree … well said Ron … having the nerve and integrity to individually activate our own inner alignment is the way between the pair of opposites. Thank you for sharing this natural awareness … universal wisdom (meditation).


No comments:

Post a Comment