Wednesday 4 June 2014

GOOD ADVICE FROM AN ANCIENT YEW TREE

 


KINGLEY VALE UK

ORDNANCE SURVEY GRID REFERENCE : SU822105

‘’ ANCIENT YEW FOREST’’

GOOD ADVICE FROM AN ANCIENT YEW TREE




I met an old Yew tree in Kingley Vale a patient one with haunting face

Wearing an Hawaiian shirt and back bent double, knarled, scarred, with leaves for hair

What are you building, my good tree ‘’ Heaven ‘’ he said between you and me

From bark and leaf and bits of twig a beautiful Cathedral it will surely be

Far better than in stone that stands for too long as my roots go right down and my arms go around

Better let the things loved when little, return, when the heart finds that Great things turn brittle

Imagine a Cathedral made of branches, then imagine the sky as an empty dome

Where the birds can fill the air with songs of praise, who will stay awhile before going home
.
HATTER




1 comment:

  1. http://herbalplantslanka.blogspot.com/

    I have never seen before. You have a great blog.

    ReplyDelete